The Goffs UK Yorton Sale will celebrate its third catalogue this year and will mark the occasion with a strong line-up of 50 lots, all of which will be offered at Yorton Farm in Wales on 9 September.
The select catalogue will offer 38 2YOs and 12 yearlings which have either been bred at Yorton or sourced from throughout Europe and raised at the stud. The concept has been quick to gain traction with an international audience and from just two select catalogues of young horses, it has already made a positive impression with profitable pinhooks in the ring and winners on the track.
Successful pinhooks already include a Blue Bresil filly who was purchased by Rathmore Stud for £30,000 which was later sold for €58,000, a Blue Bresil gelding which was knocked down to Will Kinsey for £20,000 which later made €55,000, and a Clovis Du Berlais filly that was knocked down to Tom Malone which later achieved €75,000.
From very limited numbers, graduates have also made a winning start on the track with three winners from just four runners: Paros who won on debut in France for Gabriel Leenders and then for Nicky Henderson and Middleham Park Racing, debut winner Master Nonantais for Sue Bramall and the filly Anneloralas who is also twice Stakes placed for Gabriel Leenders.
The 2021 catalogue looks well placed to continue the sale’s brilliant start with a strong sire list and yearlings and 2YOs from leading NH families. Some of the highlights include:
• Lot 2, a Blue Bresil 2YO filly out of the Listed winning mare HOLLIES PEARL.
• Lot 3, a Masterstroke 2YO half-brother to the Gr.2 winner MENSCH.
• Lot 11, a Maxios 2YO gelding out of a half-sister to the Gr.1 winner ROYAL HIGHNESS and Champion filly ROYAL DUBAI.
• Lot 13, a Blue Bresil 2YO filly out of a half-sister to the Gr.1 winning BITOFAPUZZLE.
• Lot 20, a Muhtathir 2YO half-brother to the Gr.2 winner PROJECT BLUEBOOK.
• Lot 23, a Pether’s Moon 2YO filly out of the Listed placed Kayf Tara mare Chocca Wocca, a daughter of the multiple Gr.2 winner CHOMBA WOMBA.
• Lot 33, a Pether’s Moon 2YO gelding out of the Listed winner and Gr.2 placed mare AZZA.
• Lot 42, a Blue Bresil yearling gelding out of a half-sister to the Gr.2 winner KAYF GRACE and from the family of DENMAN.
• Lot 44, a Buck’s Boum yearling colt out of a half-sister to the Gr.1 winner PRINCE OUI OUI.
• Lot 45, a Diamond Boy yearling gelding out of a Kayf Tara own sister to the multiple Gr.2 winner SECRET INVESTOR.
Other sires to feature are Amaron, Arrigo, Bow Creek, Clovis du Berlais, Frontiersman, Great Pretender, Isfahan, Malinas, Night Wish, Norse Dancer, Reliable Man, Scalo, Universal, Voiladenuo and Wings of Eagles. Yorton Stud Owner David Futter commented:
“This catalogue marks the third Yorton Sale and we are delighted to see the event so well received by the industry – word continues to spread and its following is growing. The positive results achieved thus far have given us the confidence to invest more in the stock and I think that will show once again this year, we have a lovely selection of yearlings and two-year-olds. “The sale is quickly becoming the primary outlet for the well regarded Yorton product and we have enjoyed another successful 12 months, headlined on the track by Easysland and Gentlemansgame. Yorton bred or sourced horses have also done very well in the sale rings – the 2021 store sales saw nine sell for a total turnover of £430,000 – an average price of £47,000. Among those were three very pleasing pinhooks sourced from this sale. Word on the sale has been very encouraging, we are getting a lot of interest from people who have not attended in the past, as well as positive comments from those who have, and we would like to encourage everyone who is interested to come to Yorton and enjoy this event. We are excited to open our doors to everyone on 9 September.”
Goffs UK Managing Director Tim Kent commented:
“When David and his team approached us about this sale, it was obvious they had a vision to see it grow and develop and they have done a wonderful job getting it off the ground. Its debut produced a superb set of results and despite the difficulties presented by the pandemic last year, it delivered another vibrant trade. “Those results, along with the race winners and profitable pinhooks, demonstrate the quality and opportunity this sale is offering and to get these results already, from only two select catalogues of young horses, is impressive. The foundations have now been set for this sale to flourish and it is with great pleasure that Yorton and Goffs UK present the catalogue for the third annual Yorton Sale.”